It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

22.4.05

Actual commentary when I stopped in the office to pick something up last night: "Please tell me that you didn’t wear a cashmere shirt to your softball game." Ok, I don’t tell you. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t do it, just that I won’t share that with you. Evidently, this isn’t done? (Actually, it was b/c I only had a t-shirt, and it was really cold (and windy) out last night and that was the only long sleeved shirt I had in my car. (Sadly, it's there because on the nights when I spent the night at work I didn't want to have to wear the same clothes on day 2. But I digress. Though what better use of cashmere? It makes me itch anyway.)

I’ve slowly been bringing my cd collection to work to download onto my computer. Can anyone explain why I have what I thought was the entire collection of Billboards, from 1962-1989, but appear to in fact be missing years 1973 and 1974. Or a better question - why did I go through a phase (sophomore year of college it was, I believe) when I felt that I needed to get every one of Billboards Annual CDs??

When you work in a predominantly Jewish law firm (at least among the partners; the associates do not seem to be), it's relatively empty the night before Passover begins. (I know a few felt cheated b/c Passover fell on a weekend.)

Oh, and Wickman blew his second save of the season. Hmm...that's not good at all. Of course, my softball team blew a save last night too - we lost in the bottom of the 7th. Now, keep in mind that I haven't played in a softball game in years. And by that, I mean more than 10. As in yes, not since high school. Now imagine me holding a bat for the first time in years (I did go to the batting cages in 2000 when I lived in NYC - my roommate found batting cages and we went.) The first pitch I felt was high (the fucking thing WAS high, it wasn't a feeling. It flat out was high.) It was called a strike. And then he says, "1-2." WTF?? Last night I learned that in softball leagues, you start with a 1-1 pitch count. Don't quite have a rationale I accept about this. But whatever. This threw me, and caused me to swing at a second pitch WAY out of the strike zone. I was beyond irritated.

This other team was MAJOR into it. We were just sort of walking onto the field, walking over to a position, when on the bench drinking (we had a cooler of beer). We were batting, then trying to remember who we batted after. At one point, they started squawking that we batted out of order. They had a book with our linup in it, what we hit last time, where we played each inning, etc. YIKES! Seriously, this is rec people. REC! (Yes, I don't like to lose, but I don't like to take it as life and death either.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.