It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

16.4.05

I was actually looking forward to being a loser last night. My Saturday was already completely booked, sun up to sun down, and I want to enjoy Sunday rather than have things that I *have* to do (errands I ignored last week b/c it was so beautiful out like shopping, cleaning, wash, etc). So I figured I'd spend my Friday night getting things done. I know, I know, you all are jealous of my uber exciting life. Cleaning and wash on Friday nights. Try not to get too envious. I know it will be hard.

Unfortunately, I was handed some Indians tickets for last night. (OK, it's not all that "unfortunate" at all.) For the suite. So how can you turn that down? Yes, I'm in a skirt and a short sleeve shirt (isn't that he correct "baseball in April" attire??) Baseball, sun (our suite is on the third base side), baseball (even Jody Gerutless baseball)...nothing is better. (It was a little chilly with that wind, so I actually didn't venture outside but stayed in the suite.) It was the fourth home game and the season, and the first time I had an opportunity to go. Now I'm not complainin' or nothing, but after 4 games last year, I had already been to 2 games. Anyway, the game (and I'm sure that Kevin is jealous - and I know, I know, I still have to get to my Indians analysis. For those who may not know, Kevin and I have a bet going as to who will win the AL Central.) The Indians lost 3-2, but Westbrook actually outpitched Santana. But at the same time, it was Westbrook's own error that led to two unearned runs. Westbrook got stronger as the night went on, while Santana got hit, hard. Watching him last night, you wouldn't believe that he has won 15 staight decisions. He was getting hit hard. HOWEVER, do NOT underestimate the magnitide of winning 15 straight decisions. You'd have to have a bad game now and then when luck comes into play during that string.)

Afterwards, I was forced to go to West 6th. I am still dragging. (Just back to take a shower before I head out to football. Why the shower before football? Because I have dinner plans half an hour after football ends, and won't get a chance to shower. Won't my friends love me? But I can't breathe right now b/c of the cigarette smoke, I feel hung over despite the fact that I didn't drink, still with a headache from the music.)

But now, I have a laundry list of things I need to do. Including mow the lawn. When we last saw her, she was struggling with mowing the lawn. Will she figure out how to start the mower this year? Has she conditioned herself mentally for the struggle? Will she remember to hold that lever-y thing so that it moves on its own and she doesn't have to manually push it? Will she wear shoes? Will she step in skunk shit again? Tune in for the answer to these questions and more...

And it's my friend's birthday today. He's 34. Please, everyone, head on over and wish him a happy birthday!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    Hi Stephanie -

    I was at that game - did I tell you that? It was part of a baseball stadium tour I returned from this past weekend. Some friends and I hit Jacobs, PNC Park (Pittsburgh), The Great American Ballpark (Cincinatti), and US Cellular (new Comiskey in Chicago). We didn't sit in a luxury box like a certain Cleveland power broker we know, but the bleacher seats in left field worked fine for me and my salty crew.

    It's true, Johan didn't have his best stuff. But really, he only made two awful pitches - unfortunately, they were both hit for titanic solo bombs. He struck out 10 Indians and allowed two runs through six innings of work, though, which is still a good performance and a quality start. Jake Westbrook did his best to win the Tribe that game, except for throwing that double play ball into center field... His two seam fastball was nasty - he looked how I keep hoping Kyle Lohse will look. Kyle sure does have a great tan, but he forgets to locate his fastball and not give up two and three run jacks.

    I will blog about what was an amazing baseball trip once I get the pictures online, but the city of Cleveland was a great host. With the exception of one very feisty 17 year old girl and a bedraggled, meth-using vagrant, no one screamed obscenities at us for cheering on the Twins. In fact, a few people went out of their way to welcome us to the stadium and ask us about our trip. Not the case when we went to the Twins/White Sox game last night, but that's another story. At any rate, I really liked Cleveland and Jacobs Field - it was probably the most fun I've ever had at a baseball game.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.