It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

13.4.05

So I had a random question. How do you feel about dating someone with the same name as your parents? That is just really weird for me, and I wondered if that was a me thing, or whether it was just weird. Opinions??

Last night I was at work late. I don’t like the lights in my office; they are florescent and hurt my eyes and give me a headache. I have a desk lamp I use at night; during the day I just use natural sunlight. So I was in my office, and the cleaning lady - not realizing that I was here - walked in. She jumped when she saw me, but told me that she was just coming to get some peanuts. So now they are for the managing partner AND the cleaning staff...

I saw comedian Robert Dubac last weekend at the Akron Civic Center (a simply stunning building inside. The nicest theatre I've ever been in. Truth.) But if anyone has the opportunity to see his show, I highly recommend it. HIGHLY. It’s about the difference between men and women. And both sexes end up enjoying it. He is writing a new show, Piss and Moan, and did part of that. The ABCs of Religion. My favorite was "T," the one thing that they all have in common - tax free. It was very clever. I highly recommend him if he comes to your town...

4 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jim Eastman said…

    I've never really thought about the question really. I don't think I'd really care all that much, and I'm not likely to encounter it, my mother's name isn't all that common among people in my age group.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Jim Eastman said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    I think it'd be odd to date someone with my mom's name. (Of course looking at the baby name wizard that looks unlikely as my folks names are even more ancient than mine).

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    Tony, No chance b/c it's weird, or b/c she has an uncommon name? But yes, they are the same place.

    It appears that most people's parents have more unique names, at least for this generation. My father's name is quite normal and popular.


    Jason, guess it doesn't bother you though. And it doesn't appear to bother Jim.

    Perhaps it is just me??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.