It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

19.4.05

So the old guy is now Pope Benedict XVI. (The Cardinal formerly known as Joseph Ratzinger). Again, I wonder how long the tenture of this Pope, who is already 78, can be. Cartainly not the 26 years of Pope John Paul II. And Ir ealize this is an American thing, but I think the name Benedict brings up negative mental images.Arnold and all.

I learned today that there is at least some debate as to whether someone who is gay can bring a same sex harassment claim against someone of the opposite sex. That seems weird to me.

Also, it's 80 outside today. Today I have a meeting and will be trapped inside. Tomorrow a cold front is coming in. I have soccer and will be in nylon shorts. Thursday it will rain. I have softball. See a pattern?

So if I were in the market for an iPod, and they come in different sizes and whatnot, what size should I get? Some come in multiple colors, and they all hold different amounts and it's very confusing to me. Since the people at the store aren't helpful at all, I thought I'd ask you all.

And I may go to NYC for a quick trip in a few weeks...will keep you posted. (My friend wants to go to TARcon. But if I go, there are things I want to do that she has no interest in, that being see my friends who still live there. And she wants to spend all night at this TARcon, meaning I wouldn't see my friends. See the drama?? But I haven't seen my friends in a long time. And if I'm there, it seems so silly.

I also think I'm going to Paris. It's actually cheaper to fly to Paris, then get a flight Paris to Rome. So I figured, hell, I might as well spend a few days in Paris first before I go to Rome. After all, if I come to work that week at all, I'm fired, so I've got to be out of town anyway. And I've never been to Paris (whereas I have been to Rome. And Florence and Venice.) I need to order those plane tickets soon - you are talking just over a month and it's getting expenise.

And in ONE MONTH from today, Star Wars opens...

7 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stephanie has more music than anyone I know, so I think that she should go with the one that holds the most music. (At this point, the ones that hold the most music are a little bigger physically, I think, but still not that big).

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Kevin Whinnery said…

    20 gigs of music seems excessive. I rock the iPod Shuffle myself - fits well in that Nike jogging armband thing. 512 MB of music is, what, 8 hours or so? If you're going on a long trip it might be nice to have more space, but if you're never far from your computer (like this dork) 512 megs is plenty.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    iPod: I guess it depends not on how much music you have, but how much music do you want to have with you at any one moment. My girl, Kelly, got the 512MB iPod Shuffle. It holds something like 4-5 hours of music which was perfect for her since she wanted to get it for working out and stuff and maybe for in the car with an FM tuner. Sincer her commute is about 15 minutes...

    But if you have long long drives in mind, or just want to have TONS of music available at any time go with one of the regular iPods 20GB or bigger.

    Just my two cents.

    (Oh, and you're a baseball geek AND a star wars geek? Wow.)

    Wish I could go to Europe, but being not exactly flush with cash my biggest trips anytime soon will be to Chicago or something :( Maybe NYC later in the summer.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Think of it this way: small iPod hold 4k songs. At $1 a download, it'd cost $4000 to fill it ;)

    Get a pink one.

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Tony, Car adapters? I can listen to it in the car? I wouldn't necessarily want to want a song and not have it at my disposal whenver I want. They told me that the iPod mini was only 4 MB? So you mean not the iPod mini, but a smaller regular iPod? 4000 songs...hmm...I have no desire for my iPod to store photos. I just want music.

    Jennie, :) Just cause I had two shelves of music in my living room (now my basement)...
    Laura, yeah, but I've already been to London. I'm flying through Paris, but spending a few days there before I get back on the plane. So it's like two vacations in one!! I did know about Ryanair (though not easyjet) but I heard from someone that it's misleading b/c it may not fly into the main airport in Rome but one far away. Why are you going to NYC?

    Kevin, It's not the hours, it's the songs. For example, I know that I have about 17 hours of REM music alone. Granted, some of them are the same song of multiple albums.

    Jasonb, I like lots of music, I was thinking long plane rides. And hell yeah, I'm a Star Wars and baseball dork (I prefer "dork" to "geek." And you have no idea of the long list of reasons why I'm a dork... :)

    Eden, I'd use a lot of my CDs to put songs on it too.

     
  • At 1:45 AM, Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said…

    Yes, Yes, come to NYC!!!
    -jw

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Completely off topic, but maybe you could shed some light on the whole DeLay/Kennedy thing. I can understand the issues with relying on international law for U.S. judicial decisions (in my view it's completely extra-constitutional, but I'd like to hear your views), but what is the issue with an appeals court justice performing research on the Internet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.