It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

20.4.05

Now this is a woman who loves her cat. Don't get me wrong, I love my cats too. Here's my question- what is a bobcat doing in the middle of suburbia? I have difficulty surviving at age 28 - can you imagine doing so at 90?! Do you ever read a story, and it makes you feel like a wimp? This was that story.

Looks like Bolton's nomination as U.N. ambassador has hit a slight snag. Due to Ohio's Republican Senator. I must confess, I'm puzzled. He's unqualified but Rice was qualified?? Not that I disagree that their assessment that he's unqualified, I just can't, for the life of me, figure out how she was qualified and, other than Boxer, had no real opposition. (OK, and Kerry, who was just doing it for the attention.) (Oh, and can I say that Boxer rules?)

So I have to call into a CLE in half an hour (but I don't get CLE credit for it, b/c Ohio doesn't recognize the ABA CLE classes as legitimate. I know, I can't explain it either.) Anyway, this is for a non-billable project (I'm back on the Jackson decision.) Meanwhile, there is a position statement that I have to do by Monday.

Oh, and I got my tickets to Italy yesterday! I did thrww in few extra days in Paris. I've never been to Paris. So I'm most excited. That means that I won't get to Venice when in Italy, but I've been there before. So that's cool. I'll arrive in Paris on Saturday morning, and leave for Italy on Wednesday morning. So I'll have three and a half days to explore. Then I'll have until Sunday morning in Italy - three and a half days there. So, yay.

The Indians managed to lose to the Royals. Just let that sink in for a moment.

I have a craving for ice cream right now. Hmm...as I'm lactose intolerant, that's most inconvenient. Does anyone else ever crave something that you know will make you sick? (I can be an obnoxious non-smoker and make a comment, but I won't.)

I am a TAR fan. (In fact, may go to TARcon next month.) But that Gretchen's voice drives me up the wall. Is she EVER not whining? And usually, you have a soft spot for the oldest team, just because they are competing against teams 1/3 of their age. But I just can't support them b/c her voice drives me UP THE WALL. Just my unsolicitated opinion. I was really looking forward to them being kicked off. Gak.

Wait, now we want to be overweight? I can't keep up. "The new analysis found that obesity - being extremely overweight - is indisputably lethal. But like several recent smaller studies, it found that people who are modestly overweight actually have a lower risk of death than those of normal weight."

Enjoying all the opinions on the iPod situation. As Jennie pointed out, I have TONS of CDs which I adore. And tons more CDs with a song or two that I adore. I adore music; I have emotional attachments to it. Certain songs take me back. Even BAD songs. The only new cd I purchased lately has been The Killers. It's all old stuff. I know, I know, I get all emotionally attached. What I was thinking is that I wanted something to last the plane ride to Europe. I don't know. (Then I gotta figure out how to charge it in Europe. Oh, the details in life!)

Sure, now that it's over, NOW the Cavs win...Bastards. I mean, a free fall such as this hasn't been seen since, oh, the last Cleveland team to freefall. Take your pick. The Indians in '97. The Browns (countless times.) Geesh.

OH! Did everyone notice last night that The Daily Show said the words, "my Yoda."

I don't have transitions, do I? Just random thoughts, one after another, without any connection to anything. Hmm...kinda like life.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer Wertkin said…

    I love your stream-of-consciousness thoughts. As for the bobcat, I think taking wild animals and making them housepets is just wrong. They end up in wild animal "sanctuaries" that often mistreat the animals.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I got my iPod last month. I had always planned on getting a 40 GB one, and the day I went to get one, I checked Apple's website and found out they apparently didn't make them anymore. I lucked out, though, because I asked if they had any left at the Best Buy I went to, and they had a 40 GB photo iPod, which I got a good deal on. So, mine holds up to 10,000 songs or 15,000 pictures, though I don't have any pictures on mine at this point. I don't have that many songs on it yet, but I figured that I would want one that held more music than I had because I'd be adding to it. So, if money isn't a huge deal, and if you have a lot of music, I'd go with the one that holds the most.

    Samantha Bee's piece on TDS last night was excellent. I loved how she kept throwing out phrases for that guy to put a positive spin on and then what does she stump him on? "Orwellian"! Classic.

    I'm pretty sure I have a girlcrush on Barbara Boxer.

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have an mp3 player, not iPod, but an Archos Gmini. It's 20 Gb, and I have about 4000 songs on it, apx. I have 7000 songs on my computer, not all that I would always want with me, but so I can listen to randomly. Just last night I went to put more music on my mp3 player and found out I didn't have enough room. I had to delete some things I didn't listen to a ton, but still wish I could have kept it on. So based around how much music you have, I'd say go for more than you can think. At first I thought 20 Gb would be overkill, but now I'm wishing I had 40 Gb.

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    love yer blog. Cleveland sucks, but you rock!

    Got any MSB on that iPod? You know, he can't love you like I loooove you....

    Have fun in Italy. What areas are you seeing? If you get to Roma, the Cappichun Crypt is worth every last euro.

    I know some great hotels in Paris. Let me know if you need some ideas of places to stay.

    Your pal,
    EasyW

    http://southsideadventures.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    Jen, Thanks! I agree about making wild animals pets. It's just cruel.

    Caren, But I didn't get to see their US tour, b/c the bums cancelled my show (in a 3000 seat venue; I'm still bitter). I've had lactose pills before, but that involves planning.

    Laura, The gelato in Italy was fantastic, I concur. And because when you are there, you walk around so much, you can totally have some every day. At least last time I was there, I did.

    Sarah, Thanks for the iPod thoughts. That's what I'm leaning towards, but it is larger (no idea how big, awkward?) and doesn't come in the cute colors, which is sad. I don't care about putting pictures on it, just music. Usually I'm not a huge Samantha Bee fan - I think she's the weakest part of the show. I agree about the other night though.
    And I think the same about Boxer. She's aweseome.

    Ben, Again, thanks for the iPod thoughts. Yeah, it just seems like you get more songs that you like, etc, and that sooner or later you run out of room. Then I'd have to be another one, and that just wastes money, right?

    Easyw, I woudn't get too excited about the White Sox yet. They have the habit of collapsing every year. :) No Michael Stanley Band songs. No iPod yet either - still deciding. In Italy, the entire purpose to go is for the REM concert at the Olympic Stadium in Rome on June 10th. So I'll be spendnig my entire time in Rome. But yeah, if you have ideas of places to stay in Paris, I'd love to hear them.

     
  • At 6:36 AM, Blogger EasyW said…

    REM? Are you nuts? If you want to watch paint dry, you can do that here in America.

    Despite your apparent lousy taste in music, here are a couple of great hotels in Paris:

    The best cheap place I've stayed at there is Delhy's Hotel, on a cute and quiet side street in the Left Bank in the 6e. Can't find their webstie, but its cheap, clean and centrally located.

    If you're looking to spend a bit more, the Hotel du Champs du Mars is a step up from that, though the location is not as exciting.
    http://www.hotel-du-champ-de-mars.com/

    What are you going to do in Paris/Roma besides go to McDonalds and listen to bad listen to bad American oldies acts? Maybe you should consider seeing a museum...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.