It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

26.4.05

So the snow melted. All 12 inches by me. I heard from others who got 18 inches that they still have some snow. I now am in possession of a lake in the midle of my backyard.

Administrative Professionals Day is tomorrow. I have been at the law firm for 36 months. (I'm going somewhere with this, I promise.) I have had my current secretary for 15 months. In my other 21 months, I had four OTHER secretaries. They were largely lacking, especially in comparison to my secretary now.

There was the secretary who told me it wasn’t her job to make me travel arrangements (when traveling for work) and that she didn’t proofread document. There was the secretary who quit after two weeks. There was the secretary who was on a different floor and never wanted to bring me my mail or anything because it was "inconvenient." And there was the secretary who tried to fire me. (If I’ve never told you that story, let me know. It’s fantastic. Short story: I believed it and went off on a senior partner. I believe the words, "so fuck your assignment" came out of my mouth.) So yeah, there may not be much of a comparison, but truly, my secretary rocks.

We are now 23 days in Star Wars...For those counting...I have to pull out all my movies and watch all 5 of them to start getting in the mood...

For those who knew I was ill yesterday, I'm feeling better, thanks. Still sore, but ok. Thanks.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Maxwell said…

    Stephanie,

    I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to tell the story about your secretary who fired you.

    Sorry,
    Matt

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hawk is rushing to finish reading RotS before the movie comes out. He keeps dropping hints about what happens. Alls I wanna know is: when does Obi-Wan get nekkid?

    PS: We were in Cleveland today. There was plenty o'snow. Shnikees.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Didn't know you were ill, Stephanie.

    It's good to know you're feeling better.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Dennis! said…

    I would say "Wow, it must be nice to actually have a secretary..." but then I realized I'd rather not have a secretary than have one who tried to fire me, or who refused to actually do anything.

    Didn't know you were sick, but glad to hear you're doing better.

    And Obi-Wan aka Ewan McGregor seems to get nekkid in movies a lot. Not that I'm complaining.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Matthew - You ask, you get.
    Eden - next time you are here, let me know.
    Matthew - thanks.
    Dennis - you don't have a secretary? Yikes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.