It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

2.6.05

So what did I learn last night? I learned that there is no way in hell that I can play 2 soccer games, back to back. After our game, there were 5 of us going out for drinks. Some guy walked up and said that they needed another guy and girl for their game. So I and another guy agreed to stay. Then the other team needed 2 girls. So the last guy decided to play too. So all 5 of us played a second game. Oh my gosh. No subs. It was quite painful. And funny cause we didn't know anyone on either team, and we were split up. The one team was wearing colors, the other team wearing white, and we were wearing our grey t-shits. So the other teams had no idea who was or wasn't on their team, and I kept passing to my teammates who were not my teammates in this particular game.

The good thing - we won the second game. Which made up for the fact that we got killed (KILLED) in our game. It was a massacre. So that made me feel better.

Ironically, the team that I was a free agent for, there was a girl on the team from my college (though she graduated 4 years later). You'd think she'd be friendly when I told her that I went there, especially as I was saving her team from having to forfeit, right? Absolutely not. She was most unfriendly.

Tonight I have a softball game. And I need to pack. Oh, but I can't pack until I do laundry cause I have no clean clothes to wear. I think I'm in trouble. I'm gonna be up all night (cause I'm going out for drinks after the game) getting ready for this trip. And I still don't have a hotel for Paris. D'oh!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    Yo, Ace, I gave you some suggestions for Hotels in Paris? What gives?

    If you're going to Italy, I hope you got yer Hep A nad B shots.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, can't contain my jealousy, especially now I remember you're going to Paris. J'adore Paris!!

    Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

     
  • At 2:39 AM, Blogger -Me said…

    It didn't occur to me until tonight. That's what gives...

    Caren, Yup, Paris and Rome. I've been to Rome. Never Paris.

    I'm exhausted...

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger EasyW said…

    Dhely's Hotel and Hotel Du Champs Du Mars...

     
  • At 2:56 AM, Blogger Dern said…

    (Surely I'm late as usual....and stating the obvious to boot)

    Enjoy your trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.