It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

9.8.05

Does anyone else from Cleveland get a little heartsad when watching Major League. My sister told me that she was watching it the other day and started to get teary. At first I scoffed...then I realized that it was likely the closest I'd ever be to seeing a Cleveland championship in my lifetime...

And on another note, why on earth is it that Renaissance Fairs and bikers go together? Not necessarily two things that I'd think go together well. I mean, peanut butter and jelly? Yes. Bikers and beer wenches? Not so much.

I got Bertie Bott's Beans today (if you read Harry Potter, you'know what I'm talking about). I think I ate a vomit one. I immediately spit it out in a gesture that was only partially grandiose. Yet despite the split second-ness of the occurrence, the disgusting taste still remained. At this point, I am desperately trying to get the taste of vomit out of my mouth, to no avail. Having it there makes me feel like REALLY vomiting every time I swallow. It's a beautiful catch-22, it really is. You'd enjoy the irony of a piece of vomit candy making me vomit for real.

I'm almost out of my Double Berry Twirl LipSmackers. This is indeed a tragic day, because I asked my new Magic 8 Ball if I was going to Target after work to get some new LipSmackers, and it said that the outlook was not so good...

Finally, because everything blurs together, did I mention this? My friend sent an email today telling us that she has been touched by His Noodly Appendage. Obviously, praise be to His Noodliness. We are Saved. (Well, not you, unless you have accepted the Flying Spaghetti Monster as your Lord and Savior...)

It has now been one week since the death of my lawn mower. We had some good times in the last year and two weeks (aka two weeks out of warranty) but I really think that he just needed more than I could give him (aka oil). I think that it's best that our relationship came to an end (aka I pay someone to cut my lawn next year).

7 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I get misty when they say...

    ... look at this fuckin' guy

    ... fuck you jaboo

    ... they're still shitty

    ...We're a Major League baseball team. But since we haven't won a pennant in over 30 years, nobody recognizes us. Not even in our own home town.

    ... Saw your wife last night. Great little dancer. That guy she was with? I'm sure he's a close personal friend, but tell me, what was he doing with her panties on his head?

    ...Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.

    ... You tryin' to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

    and of course...

    ... The Indians win it! The Indians win it! Holy shit!

    /seen Major League TOO many times

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    - You may run like Hayes but you hit like sh**

    Many laughs.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    I do love that song, Most of All You. Who is that, Bill Medley? I have it on my iPod...

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Last summer, my friend and I tried the Bertie Bott's. Except, we didn't really think they'd be every flavor until we tried them. I was like, "Oh, chocolate...no, wait. That's DIRT!" She had the misfortune of trying a vomit one, which she said tasted very much like vomit. And I remember trying earthworm, ear wax, and soap (which I couldn't get rid of the taste).

    Ah, Harry Potter...

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love that movie (and I'm not even an Indians fan). But we won't discuss the travesty that was the sequel *shudder*

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Sarah, my friend tried the soap one. I tried the grass one, but that wasn't too bad. The vomit one was awful. WOrds cannot descrive it. I have tons of earthworm. ear wax and pepper ones that I won't try here.

    Jason, I'm not talking the sequal, just the original. As is usually the case...

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Me" : how did you happen to get ahold of that Bill Medley song? I've been looking, but can't find it anywhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.