It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

3.10.05

First, Desperate Housewives. Why is it that on the show, everyone's secrets that they don't share with their neighbors are huge. Like, "I've killed someone." "I've kidnapped someone." "I am keeping someone in chains in my basement." Why aren't they secrets like, "I eat the applesauce right out of the jar and don't put it in a bowl first." Those are my secrets that I don't share with the neighbors...

I am off to San Fran this week. I've never been to San Fran. I'm somewhat irritated b/c I have a seminar Weds-Fri, but it was WAY cheaper not to fly back until Sunday, so I'm not. I'm going to be alone. Without a car. I am not sure if I am pleased about this at all. Actually, I had called my one friend from law school who lives in California, but as we aren't friends anymore, he obviously did not want to see me. Alas, I can't say that I blame him. My friends asked if he called back (I was with them when I called. Mental note: Never call anyone who you haven't spoken to in 5+ years when you are with your friends.) and I said no. They are extremely loyal friends and immediately started dissing him, but I defended him, saying if the situation were reversed, I'm not sure if I'd call back.

I have a costume Halloween party coming up. Any ideas for costumes? The one night stand made me laugh. Or the evil queen.

I dislike my new cell phone. But I do love text messaging. It's my new drunken dialing... Dangerous, I know.

The Indians. I can't go there. Ask later.

The Supreme Court and Harriet Miers. A woman at least. Of course, a white woman with no experience as a Judge, another Bush cronie (oh, I'm sorry, outspoken supporter of the Bush Administration, which are in short supply nowdays). How is one "exceptionally well suited" to be a justice if they've never been a judge? I mean, it's been done before, but is it ideal? Probably not.

10 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I like the evil queen. Much sexier and comfier. I was going to be a sexy maid this year. Then I got knocked up. I think I'm going to be a bride instead. Or maybe a nun. I'm open to ideas.

     
  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    One night stand made me laugh and laugh and laugh...and soon you will know why :)

    Oh, this is what I am thinking :)
    http://www.wondercostumes.com/index.cfm/pd_259/ANGELDEVIL_PLUS_SIZE_ADULT.html

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so jealous that you get to go to SF! I would love to go back (it is not a bad city to see by yourself).

    The Mission district is wonderful (I could easily spend at least one whole day there), and you can get there by public transportation. And of course, Telegraph Hill/Lombard Street, Chinatown, the ferry market (which I didn't get to go to b/c I ran out of time), City Lights books... I liked Washington Square a lot (lots of little cafes). You might like the Haight. You can also take BART to Berkeley. If you are remotely into biking, you can rent a bike and go over the golden gate bridge to Sausalito (and take a ferry back, unless you're scared of water like me, in which case you have to bike the return trip).

    Lonely Planet has a special travel guide for San Francisco, which is small enough to carry around with you.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll bet if you google bicycle rentals in SF, you'll find a dozen places where you can rent a bike for a day or the whole weekend, and then you'll have a ton of fun. forget renting a car.
    -Thomas
    www.BikeBlog.us

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    "Why is it that on the show, everyone's secrets that they don't share with their neighbors are huge. Like, "I've killed someone." "I've kidnapped someone." "I am keeping someone in chains in my basement." Why aren't they secrets like, "I eat the applesauce right out of the jar and don't put it in a bowl first." Those are my secrets that I don't share with the neighbors..."

    This isn't serious, right, Stephanie?

    I mean, what would get higher ratings? A secret about having someone chained in a basement, or a secret about eating applesauce?

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Eden, how about a Bush appointee with no experience?

     
  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I generally don't dress up as anything that scary ;)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Eden, a pregnant nun? I love it!

    Jen, why? I don't get it.

    Jennie, I am sure I'll be ok. At least they speak English there. It's harder alone in a country where they don't speak Engligh! :)

    Stephanie, made it himself? I guess it doesn't require too much. Someone else told me about dressed up as Walk of Shame Girl.

    I wasn't going to rent a car at all. I don't mind walking, but perhaps I'll look into a bike.

    Matthew, I was being serious only in that some people say that Desperate Housewives is a real view of life in the suburbs. Give me a break. It's not. So no, I was more being tongue and cheek.

    Yoga and Eden, Yeah, pretty much ALL Bush nominee are unqualified?

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Will you: 1) Be my lawyer, and 2) sit on the Supreme Court...secret agenda, you know!

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    I'm not sure I'm happy about this appointee... but there are plenty of Supreme Court justices that were not judges before - Renquist and Burger among them. So, I dislike her because 1) since she was Bush's PERSONAL lawyer, it cronyism and 2) she's a religious wack job, not because of her overwhelming lack of experience.

    SF is great - so much to see and do. I like to walk around the North Beach area. You could head out to Alcatraz. There is also some cool island in the bay that has great hiking (forget the name). You can take a walk across the GG Bridge. I think they have a pretty good modern art museum. Oh, I know - check out the Trolly Museum. So cool (and free. I think. Or at least it was free in '95 when I went). Baker Beach is nice if the weather is good. Avoiding the touristy stuff in SF is like avoiding the touristy stuff in NY, Paris or London - just can't really be done.

    BEasides all the great Italian food in North Beach, have some Chinese at House of Naking - which is right near the Transamerica building, which is near Chinatown, which is top sight in SF.

    Enjoy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.