It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

18.1.06

So, I was talked into participating in the Easter Seals thing, the Bachelor and Bachelorette Bid. (It's on Thursday, February 16 at the Holiday Inn on Rockside Road. Drop me an email or leave a comment if you are interested in coming. We have to sell tickets each at $35. The proceeds to go Easter Seals. I can remind you how Easter Seals helps over a million people with disabilities every year through child development centers, physical rehabilititation, and job training. But you know that. If that's not seller enough, you get to see me make an ass of myself. What better way to spend a Thursday night?? If you can't make it, I can always take a tax deductable check for $20.)

But anyway, part of the deal (which was signed in blood - should I be worried about this?) is that we have to come up with a date package. Something for people to bid on. My friend said to offer a blow job in the parking lot. Actually, let's not call him a friend. Let's call him a crude acquientance that I spent too much time with because of mutual friends and mutual interests. But I digress.


Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of a tandem skydiving jump. (Not the winner and I, the winner with an experienced jumper, and me with an experienced jumper.) :) However, I'm worried that this will frighten away too many people. That too many people are afraid of heights/afraid of jumping out of a perfectly good airplane/afraid of death, whatever. So I'm sorta polling to see how many people would not bid on someone if the date package was skydiving, and how many people would be more inclined to do so.

And does anyone have any better ideas for a date package? Not the usual dinner/ball game (as much as I love baseball) or dinner/comedian. But something different and fun?

Oh, a lot of people get to my blog by googline Jump Back Ball in Cleveland right now. If you are interested in coming to that (which is the best party in Cleveland all year in my opinion) let me know and I'll email you the order form. I'm selling tickets. Those are $130 and include dinner, entertainment, and an open bar. Then you'll get to see me in costume as well. :)

Thanks guys. You all rock!!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would CERTAINLY bid on a skydiving date. That would be incredibly cool.

    Other ideas? Hmmmm I'm not sure. I've always been horrible at coming up with unique things like that. Maybe that explains things about me... heh

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm...i am afraid of heights and all that good stuff, so i probably wouldn't be into it, but then again, if i was really into the prospective date, i don't think it would matter WHAT the date package included.

    i am at a loss for other ideas. my idea of a good time is trolling local bars for 23 year olds, so....

    :)

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Lori said…

    I wouldn't bid on a date that included skydiving. Then again, I'm a wimp. I think guys would be more inclined to bid on that than women. Or maybe that's stereotypical. I don't know.

    I was gearing up to do that event, too, but circumstances intervened and I'm not doing it after all. I was thinking along the lines of a winery hop (with driver), a cooking class, a "haunted Cleveland" tour, or a glass blowing class... The latter might fit in with your "friend's" theme.

    E-mail me (lori@virtuallori.com) with your info and I'll be glad to send a check so you get the credit, since I won't be attending the event.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Erinna said…

    I think that some people would find the skydiving thing very cool, others not so much. And I agree that guys would be more inclined to bid on a skydiving date than women would.

    I have no good ideas, sorry. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.