It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

18.10.05

I apologize. I'm the people that you hate. I pulled out Christmas music today and listened to it. Yes, it's October. I understand this. But I do so love TransSiberian Orchestra. (I'm going to see them twice this Christmas season. And what happened was totally not my fault. They came on my iPod and it made me want to listen to the entire album. Then the entire second album. And the third album. And yes, I realize that on the one hand, it's October. But on the other hand, it's freaking cold enough outside to be Christmast time. (Ok, not sure in what fantasy world it's in the 60 in Cleveland at Christams.)

Jon Stewart to Bill O'Reilley:
"I will say this. We add insult to injury. You, however, add injury."
"If this were Peanuts, France is Marcy. Go after Lucy. She's the problem."

After doing well with baseball (choosing the Angels, White Sox, Astros, and Cardinals) it appears that I jumped the shark. I had picked the Cardinals over the Angels in the World Series. Well, the Angels aren't there, and it appears that the Cardinals won't be either. Alas. I don't really care, I was just predicting. I really have no opinion on it one way or the other. In fact, of the four teams, perhaps I'd want to see the Angels win the least (it's been recently.) You can go for a team that hasn't won since forever, and isn't even really respected in it's own city (not that I blame Chicago, the Cubs are loveable). Or Houston, a team that has never won. Or St. Louis, which always has great sports fans. Anyway, I don't care, but I hate being wrong.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I've been wanting to play our South Park and BNL Christmas albums lately. I don't want to rush it too much since I'll be giving birth around Xmas time and it already seems so close.

    It is only about two months away...

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said…

    THIS POST MAKES ME WANT TO GZET OUT MY CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!!!!

    NOW!!!

    It will happen this weekend, I can feel it...

    :)

    Love you. Have a wonderful *not quite winter yet* party this weekend!

     
  • At 11:43 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    This makes me wonder. If I dress up like Santa Claus for Halloween how confusing would the kiddies be who knock at the door trick or treating?

    (now I'm a people to hate)

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    I'm not familiar with the Trans Siberian Orchestra, but if they sound anything like Mannheim Steamroller (a/k/a Disney's Main Street Electrical Parade), you are not forgiven.

    Trivia question: one of the members of Mannheim Steamroller contributed to a number one hit. Name it. (Hint - it's not an instrumental.)

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Show restraint and a sense of good taste! No Christmas tunes before Turkey Day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.