It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

24.10.05

So I finally relented and turned the heat on this weekend. I had been resisting, because once you turn the heat on, you have accepted that summer is over. That it's not getting warm again for a VERY LONG TIME. It's a bitter, bitter pill to swallow. And I have to confess, it hurts, it really does. But when the highs aren't even going to hit 50, and the lows are in the 30s, I couldn't see an alternative. I put the storm windows down, turned the heat on, and wistfully tried to recall the good old days of summer.
Even worse, it's been grey for about two weeks as well. And so it begins. I really do like living in Cleveland, but this is the stuff that makes me antsy. When I look out my office window, and can't tell the difference between the grey sky and the grey lake, it's depressing.

I had a party on Saturday night. Biggest achievement - getting (and keepting) the campfire going in spite of the rain. What can I say, I'm easily satisfied in life. I even (upon pouting protest) agreed to let my friends play with some of my Sparklers stash (I knew I should have put them away). My one friend said that he hadn't played with Sparklers since he was 3. Clearly, he needs to find his inner child. And there is way too much beer left in my fridge. Anyone have a solutution for that? :) Seriously though, I think that if you bring beer to a party (and this was BYOB) that you should have to take it with you when you leave. And my house still isn't really unpacked, though bless their hearts, no one commented on the stuff just lying on the floor everywhere.

And I went to Giovanni's in Beachwood last week. Super expensive, but super good. We got the salad, meal and dessert. It was, simply put, heavenly. Nothing I can afford in a regular basis, but was fantastic. So I recommend that everyone save your pennies (ok, it will take a lot more than pennies saved) and go. My friends who were with me have essentially asked that I mention them and call them Veronica, Weevil, and Logan. Though I have to say that the person who is assigned "Logan" has little in common with the actual Logan.

So yesterday was a bad day. Other than watching the Browns just basically suck for several hours (and yes, I watched the entire thing. What the hell is WRONG with me??) (Don't answer that...) I was laying on the couch with my laptop, composing an email, and proceeded to spill and entire glass on me and tmy laptop. Now, I can't get the laptop to turn on. I thinkI ruined it. It's rather new, and I haven't enen paid it off yet. Does liquid ever evaporate from the laptop? I doubt it.

And help me!! Does anyone have any Halloween costume ideas? There are parties that are dress-up required. I thought about going as Stephanie, but I always do that all the time. So please, help me. I beseech thee...

I played football this weekend in the mud. Actually, two games; I subbed for a friend's team b/c they didn't have enough girls. (So in other words, I got to learn what it was like to win a football game...) :) My team played at 3; we lost by a touchdown. So in other words, we did great. The fields were a muddy mess (go figure), the ball was impossible to throw, and difficult to catch. I think the guys like that better, there was a lot of unnecessary sliding in the mud to get dirty. What is up with that. Totally unnecessary to leave one's feet...and yet they did. Every time. Without fail. Silly boys... Though I did once feel the need to jump right into a large, muddy puddle. It was there, beckoning me. What else was I to do??

Ahh, yes, Cleveland in the national news. Ok, sure, it was necessary. You know what? I still label her the worst, most evil mother. Well, maybe not 'most evil' as the kids are still alive. But you aren't going to convince me that this was an ok thing to do.

Interesting. Though USC is still No. 1 in the coaches' poll.

Harriet Miers. I still can't say that without laughing. It makes me laugh that Republicans are just as against her - if not more so - than Democrats. Though I hope the reason that many Democrats are being silent is b/c the Republicans are attacking her, and not because they think that she is qualified for the position. I'm not sure if Schumer is correct that she lacks the votes, but it really wouldn't surprise me. So the question - does Bush withdraw her name? I wonder about that. He doesn't like his decisions to be questioned. Though what did he call this? Background chatter? I guess that's all dissent or discussion or criticism is to him. Nothing of consequence.
Maybe Bush does not understand sacrifice. After all, earlier this year, he revealed he did not share the common meaning of "ultimate sacrifice" with most of his countrymen, who reserve that term for Americans who have given their lives in military service, when he spoke of the drawbacks of political life: "It's the ultimate sacrifice, really: sacrifice your privacy. It's sacrifice of time with your kids."
From here.

I just get angry whenever I read or listen to Bush.

Why hasn't Sarah updated her blog? She is worse than me...

5 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Costume Idea (if you are a fan of horrible puns) - Wear a tshirt (get one printed) that has a salt shaker and a battery on it. You go as Assault And Battery. I know. Horrible. but I find puns very funny. :)

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    I'll manage the extra beer. Sometimes you need to take one for the team!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oh man, I've been shamed! I am past due for an entry; I'll work on it tomorrow.

    I think I read ab article that the Dems are just sitting back and letting the Republicans play to their strengths and do all the dirty work re: Miers. I can't imagine most Dems think she's qualified.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Go all in black w/ a black veil and say you're an Indians fan ;)

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Jason, I actually like that idea.
    David, glad for the help!
    Sarah, And yet, you still haven't posted. Unacceptable!!
    Eden, Ah, I'd be mixed up with all the Browns fans.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.