It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

27.11.05

So want to hear funny? I've never been hung over. All I know about hang overs is that people who are hung over make comments like, "Oh, I feel like shit." So when I woke up and was dizzy on Wednesday, I assumed I was still drunk. And when I felt like shit that sfternoon, I assumed that I was hung over. That makes sense, right?

What no one explained to me was that being hung over wouldn't make your throat sore to swallow. I knew that hung over people couldn't eat. I couldn't eat. But it wasn't because I wasn't hungry or couldn't keep food down, my tonsils were so swollen and white that I literally could not swallow. Evidently, that is different. My body still hurt, I wasn't able to concentrate, I had a headache - all these are symptoms of a hangover, right? Especially when you drank a bit the evening before.

I'm slow, not stupid. When I woke up on Thursday still dizzy, and I had a bigger headache, my body was even more sore, and my throat hurt even more, I realized that I wasn't hungover, I was sick. This is bad because when one is sick on Thanksgiving, they cannot eat (or enjoy) Thanksgiving dinner. And I didn't want to make my family sick. I tried to be social but I felt awful. At one point, the world started spinning and I had to lay down. Not really the best way to spend Thanksgiving.

Friday was the biggest shopping day of the year. So of course, I spent it as far away from stores as I could. Actually, I had to work. But even if I didn't have to work, there isn't anythink in the world that would have convinced me to go to the malls. Ugh! My sublings both work in retail while they are in school. and they had to deal with people. I'm sorry, those "door buster" sales where they want you at the stores at 5 am - are you kidding me?? I don't care how good the sale.

I played football Saturday and really hurt my thumb. I also hurt my knee, but I'm used to that (it was bending the wrong way. Yes, that's somewhat normal. Disgusting, no?) It was freezing Saturday. Freezing! The 9 am and 10 am games were miserable. We had a BBQ during our off our, then it started to get warmer for the 12 game. At the 1 game, it was actually warm. I started taking off some of the 8 (yes, 8) layers of shirts that I was wearing. Once that sun came out, it was really warm!

Then, last night I went to Howl At The Moon. Where I haven't been in forever. A college friend came to visit me and we treked out there. Unfortunately, Rich, who sings my It's The End Of The World wasn't there. I asked Matt (one of the other players) if anyone else knew it. He assumed me that T knew it. (The one with the RuPaul earrings from last summer, but he wasn't wearing them yesterday. He later told me that he stopped wearing it. I can see why - RuPaul literally had the same dangly earring. I'd be scared to wear it too.) :)

AND Billy no longer works there. Oh, the shock!! Still, they sing fun 80s music and it's happy. I just didn't have anyone to lust after. Sadly, I know.

And now, I work...

4 Comments:

  • At 6:30 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Does your sore knee need a massage?

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Blogger EasyW said…

    Lust is a wonderful thing.

    Did the "Certain Boy" ever return your message?

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Naw, my knee is ok.

    Lust is a wonderful thing. And no, he did not. I saw him no Sat; he didn't mention it. I invited him out Sat night (via texting). I got an email from him about it Sun. I have decided that certain boy is done. I've said that before, but I think I really mean it this time.

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger EasyW said…

    Well, good luck in your serach for.. whatever it is you're searching for...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.