It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

29.1.06

So I have never won a football game before any season. And this week, I won twice. How exciting is that? I mean, really.

My grandfather's 86 birthday is somewhere around here. I say somewhere around here b/c no one is really sure when he was born. (Or even that he is, in fact, 86. He may be older. Or younger.) The problem is, he was born on the boat from Greece to the U.S. So you understand the confusion. Added to, no one remember if he was born when they were moving to the US, or on the way to the US after a trip back home to Greece. He has no birth certificate. So they just choose a date and an age.

My little cat, the one getting the medicine, hates me right now. I keep grtabbing her and shoving this thing inher mouth and squirting cherry flavored liquid down her throat. Oh, if looks could kill. BUT my other cat hates me right now too. He sees me with her, then he sees her escape and lick her lips. But when he wanders over, he doesn't get anything. Excellent.

And a word of advice to guys: if you ask a girl if she has a boyfriend and she says no, don't keep asking, adding the word, "Really?" or "are you lying" or "truthfully?" or some annoying variation. First, the question has been asked and answered. Second, even if she does, her answer is never going to become, "oh, not that I think about it, I do. I just forgot the first fifteen times you asked." So if you get a 'no' once, don't keep asking. It gets old. And annoying.

Has anyone ever heard of brazilca? It's something between martial arts, dance, and acrobatics. I think I may check out classes. It sounds somewhat intriguing.

Oh, and to the person who rear ended my mother when she was stopped at a red light and then, when she pulled onto a side street to be off the main street followed her and then drove right around her: Rot in hell.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger derek said…

    What you described as brazilca sounds a little like capoeira, an afro-brazilian martial art that combines dance, aerobics and martial arts. They might be related...

    I do NOT want to be you...giving medicine to cats sounds like zero fun.

     
  • At 4:25 AM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Happy-whenever it is-Birthday to your grandfather!
    Hope your mother is alright.
    Is med kitty's health improving? Perhaps you could other cat a treat so he doesn't feel left out?

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have that problem too - the one not getting meds is always jealous - until its his turn for meds. Then - suddenly not so eager.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.