It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

6.12.05

I got yet another email about my lack of blog updating today:

I have yet to see your blog updated. While yesterday's concert was average at
best for the BNL, you were treated to a song I haven't heard them do in 10 years
(Rio) and a song I've never heard in concert, that is not on any album, that
I've heard rumors of for 5 or 6 years (Powder Blue). So I was excited.

Ok. So I obviously went to the BNL concert last night. At the Palace Theatre. (I have to go there tonight for a meeting. I spend a lot of time there.) They actually sang *my* favorite song, "What a Good Boy." So that excited me. As well as all other other greatest hits, and some Christmas songs. Though I have to say, my knees were in agony. How is it that I can play soccer and be fine, but JUST STANDING during a concert and I swear that I was going to die?? That makes no sense.

So before the concert, the BNL were milling around. This guy, maybe in his 40s or 50s, jumps (and I mean JUMPS) over seats and SKIPS over to the crowd. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he skipped. SKIPPED I tell you. I couldn't stop laughing. It was a sad, sad moment in humanity.

But yesterday wasn't just a good day, it was a GREAT day. Why great, you ask? Because I got my REM Fan Club Christmas gift. The calendar has some great pictures in it. I'm partial to December (black and white photo of Michael Stipe int he snow in some town) and November shot of back of Michael's head at the Coliseum in Rome - where I went to see them. So I was in Rome at the same time as he was. And I went to the Coliseum. I wonder if we were there at the same time? I prefer to thnk yes...

It also had a vide of two performance live - Turn You Inside Out and The Great Beyond. I love the latter b/c it has the lyrics, "I'm bending spoons" which, for some reason, I like.

I takes so little for a great day. Just REM, really...

BUT I heard a rumor that JK Rowling has stated that she does, in fact, plant to kill Harry off in Book 7. That's so unfair. Harry has had a shit life. You've already killed off Dumbledore and Sirius, his parents are dead, why kill Harry too?? WHYYYY????

3 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where are on earth did you hear this rumor? I have heard no such thing. I would be a bit disappointed in Rowling if it was true. BNL... I am jealous and I agree with "What a Good Boy" too.. it's my absolute fave.

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The rumor is based on the guy who reads the American books on tape. His quote was, "She's lived with Harry Potter so long she really wants to kill him off."

    She didn't say that, he has no inside information, and to be honest, I doubt she does it. She's been very sensitive about doing obvious takes on pre-existing fantasy (she's cracked back on people positing any number of, "Harry's real father," theories by saying that they've been watching Star Wars too much). If she kills Harry, it would be much much too obvious. Then again, it's hard to ignore the Dumbledore/Gandalf similarities.

    If she kills Harry, it would parallel the greatest fantasy of all time, the Bible. :) How unoriginal can you get?

     
  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    If she does kill off Harry, there's no way she'll admit to it. Either way, she won't let readers know if he lives or dies until the book comes out. Though, it would be just my luck. Harry's my third favorite character in the books, right after Sirius and Dumbledore.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.