It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

4.12.05

In the newspaper today, I read that 43% of the people think that Ebenezer Scrooge is a Republican, compaired with 21% who think he's a Democrat. Interesting...I don't remember politics woven a Dickens' A Christmas Tale. Written in 1843. Especially since the Republican Party wasn't founded until 1854...

Also 27% of peple believe Santa is a Democrat, compared with 16% who think he is a Republican (also 6% say that he is a member of the Green Party and 21% believe that Santa is an Independent). Santa is in the North Pole, right? I know I'm not skilled in geography, but Alaska isn't the North Pole, right? So technically, the North Pole may not have the US political parties.

And perhaps the better question - who even thinks of these things? And who can answer these with a straight face?

So I didn't get to the go the Browns game. I got a call at 6 pm last night telling me that I had to work today. I was a dissatsified Stephanie in life. Alas, my Browns ticket went to waste. It was the only game I was going to this season as well, so I'm pretty disappointed.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Dern said…

    But what about North Pole, Alaska? (I've been there, I know it exists....) Just another pointless comment from out west.

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Ontario Emperor said…

    Hey, you're not the only one out west making pointless comments! Mine - at least they didn't try to brand Santa with the "Reform Party" tag.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.