It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

20.2.06

I'm in a pickle. I have two contradictory bets at the monent: one with a friend that I will never die, and one with another friend (who has a voodoo doll) that I will die before tomorrow if he puts his voodoo doll curse on me. So now I'm not sure if I should root for never dying, or root for dying today or tomorrow. I hate losing, so I don't particularly want to lose either bet. But I see no way around it. Either I die today or tomorrow, thus losing the bet I made on Thursday, or I decide to live forever, thus losing the bet I mad on Saturday? There's no way for me to die today or tomorrow and still live forever, is there?

So I spent Valentine's Day with a group of friends at The Town Fryer on Superior and East 37th or so (which, incidently, may be the best kept secret in Cleveland.) What a fantastic time. And I didn't even partake on the fried Twinkies or fried Oreos. (I was so fried out at that time. I should have planned better.) We had fried macroni and cheese (surprisingly good) and friend peanut butter and jelly (I did not partake). But the best part of the evening are the hats. They have all these hats - you know, now that I think about it, I have no idea where these hats came from - and we were all wearing the hats. Posing for photos. It was most excellent. I mean, drunken singles on Valentine's Day who just consumed an entire month's worth of grease in an hour and a half should definitely finish the evening with a night "cap," if you will. (Ok that was bad, I apologize. Actually, I don't really apologize, I just acknowledge your groans.)

So I got an email the other day criticizing me by telling me that I haven't been posting often enough. Evidently, my once a week routine is wearing a little thin with a friend of mine. And last week was a busy week, and when I wasn't working or doing stuff, and I had down computer time, I sent a long email to a friend of mine. I was informed this was unacceptable. I promise it will not happen again. I shall let friendships deteoriate in order to keep you entertained at work...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is possibly to win both bets. Simply evolve into a being of pur eenergy. Then yourphysical body will die today, but YOU will continue to live for ever as pure energy. Or something like that.

    Wow, it's sad I actually came up with that. heh.

    And don't apologize for bad puns! Puns rule.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.