It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

14.2.06

So total cost of my car was $450. BUT most of that was the 2 new wheels I needed and the transmission/coolant/oil change. In fact, for the actual stuff related to losing control of my car and spinning and median hitting, I spent $60 on a wheel alignment. There are no dents in my car. There are some scratches to the front bumper, but when it's washed they may be able to be buffed out. Let me think about this: I was going 65 on 271, spun around in circles twice, hit the median, wasn't wearing a seatbelt...and all I have to show for it is a $60 dollar wheel alighment. Someone up there was watching over me Sunday!! Wow.

Dictionary.com Word of the Day -
spoony: foolishly or sentimentally in love.
Hmm... I like it.

And I'm reminding everyone about the Easter Seals auction this Thursday at the Holiday Inn on Rockside Road. Yours truly, as we know, is a participant. Doors open at 5.30, we walk across the stage at 7, get raffled off at 9.30. That is well worth the $40, so I hope to see everyone there. If you aren't from Cleveland, I will excuse you from attending. Otherwise, I expect to see you that.

And other events coming up Jump Back Ball is on February 25. I know for a fact that the signs will look great b/c I was painting them last night. Ok, I don't really paint in the lines, but you'd be disappointed with me if I did, right? I mean, that way, when you see a sign, you will automatically know if it's a "Stephanie." I mean, every artist needs a calling card. Or is that serial killers? Anyway, the fact is, they asked me if I could paint, and I said yes. That isn't my fault. It was an unclear question. What they obviously meant was, can you paint well. See, that's a different answer. Of course I can paint. Can't everyone?

7 Comments:

  • At 1:44 AM, Blogger Jeff said…

    Wow, sounds like you're really lucky that you made it out of there without any bodily injury. Where were you on 271? It seems to me that in high school about half my friends managed to get into accidents northbound near Wilson Mills Road, and most of the other half managed to do the same in the Broadway area.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no seat belt? tsk tsk I'm very disappointed in you young lady! :p

    but glad you're okay and the costwasnt too crazy. never know with stuff like that.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    I once got to stay in the hospital for six weeks! Why? Because I didn't need a seat belt!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    Nye, yeah, I was amazed. I was on 271 heading south, right after getting on at Brainard and moving to the express lane.

    Jason, seat belts scare me.

    Anonymous, umm...thanks?

    David, it's not that I don't see the value of seat belts, it's that they sscare me

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm curious as to how a worn seatbelt is scarier than flying headfirst through the windshield at Mach 4 and tumbling/skidding across pavement.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger -Me said…

    For real? Because they come close to my neck. I has flashbacks to a time when I was choked and I have a hard time breathing. I'd rather take the risk, in fact, even accept that I may, fly headfirst through the windshield and die.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds frighteningly irrational for a liberal. ;)

    I've read too much about people being thrown 100 feet and/or being impaled on their steering column, not to mention seen seatbelts (in combination with myriad other safety systems of course) allow race drivers to walk away from the most horrendous accidents imaginable. I hated wearing my belt when I was a kid, but when it was made law, we obeyed and now I feel completely naked and unsafe without them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.