It's the end of the world as we know it...

Politics, philosophy, the law, current events, left leaning debates, religion, baseball, football, pop culture, growing up Greek, random events in my life...whatever hits my mind at the time.

8.12.05

The Daily Show was quite funny today. Especially Jon Stewart's Christmas present to, well, likely all conservative religious freaks. Isn't he the giving sort?

I bought a new iPod, but getting my music on it is less than fun. It's exhausting, actually. Because the new iPod need different cables than the old one, and my work computer (where all my music is) doesn't have those capabilities. So...yeah, that kinds sucks. Granted, I know nothing about computers, so I bet there is an an easier (and lesss time consuming) way to get all this done. Seriously, I can put like 700 MB on one cd (which is tons of songs) and then copy them to my laptop, but then do I literally have to click on each one of those songs to open it in iTunes? I mean, hell, it's 5000 songs?? Though I guess at the end of the day, all I care about is my music. It's just taking FOREVER to get it. As for tomorrow, I shall have to deal with 500 songs (I have a seminar to attend.) And not all my REM are on there yet either. Yikes. It will obviously be a tough day. (And that's before I try to play soccer without cleats and shins - my brother was going to try to pick some up for me before tomorrow, but assuming he doesn't, I'm playing in several inches of snow in my indoor flats. Fun...

Oh, but my iPod is black. The other one was white. I'm more of a black girl. So at least the iPod is Stephanie-ish. That's a good thing, right?

I'm watching the claymation of Rudolph. Why on earth does the elf want to be a dentist? That is silly.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:25 AM, Blogger Jim Eastman said…

    In iTunes, if you go to the file menu, there's an option labeled "Add Folder to Library..." or some such. Anyways, you can click on that, select your CD-ROM drive and iTunes will load all the songs from there into its library.

    Whether or not it transfers to your hard drive or not by doing so depends on how you have iTunes configured. If it doesn't do that, you may want to copy the files to your hard drive and then load them.

     
  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    "Osama's Homoabortion Pot 'N Commie Jizz Porium". God, that whole segment was priceless. Once again, Jon says everything that I want to say.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I think the dentist attraction is a supply/demand thing. Since the four main food groups for elves are "candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup," he knows he'd have plenty of business and no competition.

    Hermie's just a capitalist.

     
  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said…

    Have fun at soccer!

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Blogger Cameron Smith said…

    I had exactly the opposite experience with iTunes.

    I haven't got an iPod, but I did just start using iTunes to organize all my music now that I've just purchased a laptop, & once again, Mac has impressed me with the expansiveness of its compatibility

    Instantly, my files are correctly labelled, stored in appropriate files & can be easily sorted by any of a number of criteria. Not only that, but I can rip, burn, listen & organize further using only one program.

    When I was a kid I remember Apple's big drawback being that it was so user-un-friendly & incompatible with pretty much everything.

    Steve Jobs: bringing us together, one music thief at a time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Site
Meter Blogarama - The Blog Directory Listed on Blogwise Listed in LS Blogs Blog Directory & Search engine

Days until Bush leaves office.
Designed by georgedorn and provided by Positronic Design.
Grab your own copy here.